Carolina Port Signal Box

Location type

Place


Name and dates

Carolina Port Signal Box (1888-1922)

Opened on the Trades Lane and Carolina Port Railway.


Description

This signal box was on the south side of the line east of Camperdown Junction and 'Dundee East No 2 Gates' box and west of the site of the very short lived terminus Roodyards terminus.

The became the access point for the Dundee Harbour Trustees circular line to Eastern Wharf and the Jute Sheds and other works.

The box closed in 1922. The line remains open, but all harbour lines are long out of use.


Tags

Signal box