This is not an ancient castle but a Victorian building, built in 1907 for Mary Caroline Blair, the Duchess of Sutherland. The castle was built half a mile north of Culrain station on high ground to the west of the River Oykel.
| Oykel Viaduct|
Lairg Oil Depot
Dalmore Signal Box
Dornoch Firth Crossing
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|