Broxburn West Signal Box

Location type

Junction


Name and dates

Broxburn West Signal Box (1902-1937)

Opened on the Edinburgh and Glasgow Railway.


Description

This box controlled access to the Niddry Oilworks sidings from the Edinburgh and Glasgow Railway. The sidings were on the east side of the line, approached from the south.

The box closed in 1937, presumably being taken over by Broxburn Junction box.

The oil works closed in 1959.


Tags

Junction