This large house was built for Hercules James Scott in 1867, replacing the earlier castle.
Brotherton (Private), a private halt for the use of the Scott family, was below and to the east on the Montrose and Bervie Railway (opened 1865).
While owned by Charles Alexander the building may have benefited from stone from the demolition of the Cruden Bay Hotel.
Since 1949 this house has been a school.
Birnie Road Siding
North Water Bridge Halt
| Denfinella Viaduct|
North Water Bridge Viaduct
Bervie Water Viaduct
Montrose North Junction
Montrose Shed [NBR]
Montrose [CR] Timber Yard
Montrose Shed [CR]
Grassic Gibbon Centre
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|