Berryhill (Murcar Golf Club)

Location type


Name and dates

Berryhill (Murcar Golf Club) (1900-1949)

Opened on the Murcar Railway.


This was a halt on the narrow gauge Murcar Railway. It was located at the Murcar Golf Course.

The line was cut back to Berryhill in 1924 from Blackdog (Strabathie Brick Works) when the line came under control of the golf club after closure of the brick works. Trains ran south to Bridge of Don.

The site is now the golf club car park.


Murcar Links Golf Club


station narrow gauge terminus

External links

Canmore site record
NLS Collection OS map of 1892-1914
NLS Collection OS map of 1944-67

Chronology Dates

  /  /1924Murcar Railway
Bought by the Murcar Golf Club. The southern portion from Bridge of Don was retained and the line north from Berryhill (Murcar Golf Club) closed.