Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.Opened on the Edinburgh and Bathgate Railway.
This was the fourth station to be opened in Bathgate and, when opened, the first in the town for twenty years following the closure of Bathgate Upper in 1956.
This was a single platform terminus. It opened with the re-opening of the Edinburgh and Bathgate Railway to passengers in 1986.
To the south was a goods yard, used for car deliveries until lifting in the 2000s.
The station was opened on the site of the Bathgate [1st] station. The original station was very slightly further west.
The station was replaced by Bathgate, a new through station just to the east.
| Bathgate Central Junction|
Balbardie Steel Works
Bathgate West Junction [1st]
Bathgate Brass Foundry
West Lothian Steel Rolling Mill and Shovel Works
Bathgate West LMD
Hopetoun Steel Works
Balbardie Colliery Pit No 1
Bathgate East LMD
Balbardie Colliery Pit No 2
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
Vanished Railways of West Lothian