This two platform station was completed but never opened. The double track line was completed in 1905 and opened to goods only. Station buildings were never provided. However the station did open to goods traffic.
A spacious goods yard was laid out on the west side. This was reached by reversal from a reversing spur, approached from the north, thus two reversals would be required by a northbound train.
The southbound track was removed first. The line south was closed in 1941. Closure from the north was in 1963.
Priesthill and Darnley
| Arthurlie Cotton and Bleach Works|
Barrhead Gas Works
South Arthurlie Print Works
Aurs Burn Viaduct
Shanks Tubal Works [1st]
Barrhead Central Box
Barrhead Mineral Depot
Barshagra Signal Box
Shanks Tubal Works [2nd]
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
The Paisley & Barrhead District Railway