Ballathie

Location type

Station


Name and dates

Ballathie (1848-1868)

Opened on the Scottish Midland Junction Railway.


Description

This was a short lived station. The station had two platforms and a siding on the north side, approached from the east. It was a very rural location.

The siding was known as Innernytie Siding.

Railway cottages were to the north, some remain in use.

Ballathie House is to the east, alongside the River Tay. It is now a hotel.

A signal box was opened here to the west of the siding and the siding extended. The box closed in 1964.

The loading bank for the siding still exists, years after closure of both the siding and line.


Tags

Station siding

External links

Canmore site record
NLS Collection OS map of 1892-1914
NLS Collection OS map of 1944-67
NLS Map
NLS Map