Auchmuty Junction (1861-1967)
Opened on the Leslie Railway.
This junction was between the Leslie Railway and its Auchmuty Paper Mill branch, both single track lines. It was located to the west of Markinch.
The box opened in 1910. It closed in 1933, replaced with a ground frame. The line west to Leslie closed in 1967. The line from Markinch to Auchmuty Paper Mill closed in 1992.
Thornton Junction [W&BR]
Glenrothes with Thornton
Other railway and industry locations
Markinch Co-op Siding
Rothes Paper Mill
Auchmuty Paper Mill
Balgonie Colliery Lochtyside Pit
Balgonie Colliery Julian Pit
Earlseat Loading Pad
Thornton North Signal Box [2nd]
Thornton North Junction
Thornton Shed [1st]
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|