Opened on the Coalburn Branch (Caledonian Railway).
This station did not open with the line, which opened in 1856. The site was just under a mile south of the Nethan Viaduct and close to Auchenheath House. The line was perched above the house.
The station had a single platform, on the east side of the line, located just north of a level crossing with Lanark Road. The station house was located by the level crossing at the south end of the platform. Auchenheath Goods was south of the level crossing.
The station house survives, in use as a house. The passenger station is now a commercial garage.
Other railway and industry locations
Little Gill Signal Box
Little Gill Mine
Fence Colliery Here?
Blackwood Brick and Tile Works
Kirkmuirhill Clay Pit
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|