Anderston Quay

Location type

Place

Name and dates

Anderston Quay

Description

This quay was on the north bank of the River Clyde. To the north of the quay was the Houldsworth's Cotton Mill and the Anderston Foundry.

Opposite the quay was Springfield Quay.

Anderston Quay became the base for Burns Laird who operated ships to Ireland.

Tags

Quay

External links

Canmore site record
NLS Collection OS map of 1892-1914
NLS Collection OS map of 1944-67
07/11/2017