Alloa NCB Workshops (1954-1967)
Served by the Stirling and Dunfermline Railway.
These centralised workshops were opened in 1954 to replace older works. The site included a workshops building, central stores and a central garage.
The new workshops were built by the site of the older 'Whins Works' (to the south of the new works). The site was rail served. It was located on the east side of the Alloa East Junction - Tillicoultry line, the sidings making a trailing connection to the Alloa bound line.
The still new works closed in 1967.
Clackmannan and Kennet
Menstrie and Glenochil
Other railway and industry locations
Alloa NCB Workshops
Alloa Co-op Coal Siding
Sauchie Colliery Signal Box
Hilton Brick Works
Alloa East Junction
Alloa Station Goods
Alloa Harbour Junction
Drysdale Street Tunnel
Hilton Road Level Crossing
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|