This was a two platform station. The station was at Allanfearn, but on opening was the closest station to Culloden, thus the name used until the direct line from Aviemore to Inverness opened in 1898, with its Culloden Moor station.
There were two platforms. The main station building was on the westbound platform. The passenger station was east of a level crossing.
There was a goods siding to the west of the crossing. The siding had a loading bank on the south side of the line, approached from the west. The signal box was by the crossing, at the west end of the westbound platform.
The line was doubled but reverted to a single line.
The station closed to passengers in 1965 and the box was closed.
The station building on the westbound platform still stands. It is in use as a house.
Castle Stuart Platform
Fort George [1st]
Fort George [2nd]
| Cradlehall Crossovers|
Millburn Wartime Connection
Dalcross Timber Siding
Welsh's Bridge Junction
Welsh's Bridge Platform
Needlefield Carriage Sidings
Culloden Battlefield Memorial
Raigmore Level Crossing
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|