Location type


Name and dates

Ach-na-Cloich (1881-1965)

Opened on the Callander and Oban Railway.


This was a single platform station with a station building. The building was a smaller style C&O building. The platform was on the north side of the line.

A timber siding was installed in the Great War.

The building survived closure to passengers in 1965 and still stood in the 1990s. It is now demolished but platform remains in place.

Nearby was an associated steamer pier for Loch Etive. Steamers ran from Oban up the loch to Lochetivehead Pier which which a tour could continue to Glen Coe, Ballachulish and then return by train or steamer to Oban.


Station Pier Loch Etive

External links

Canmore site record
NLS Collection OS map of 1892-1914
NLS Collection OS map of 1944-67