Buchanan Street Tunnel: Most of Glasgow’s Sighthill was a building site in 1966, and a wet overcast morning was not doing anything to enhance the view of B1 61347 as it made its way towards St Rollox, after emerging from the Buchanan Street tunnel. But, it was the final week before Buchanan Street’s closure so photography had to be undertaken no matter what. The train was the 11.35 to Thornton on 1st November 1966.
Eastleigh: GBRf 59003, running into Eastleigh with a rake of empty stone wagons, final destination Whatley quarry in Somerset on 28th October 2020.
Hall Road Depot: These two tall houses, and the residential road that runs between them, occupy the site of the old LMS EMU depot at Hall Road. Seen here in November 2020, alongside the station and level crossing, some eleven years after its demolition. The depot was operational from 1939 to 1997, latterly servicing the Class 507 EMUs that still call at the station.
Milton of Crathes: A Class 03 shunter, a Class 14 and a crane at the RDR site of Milton of Crathes in a brief spell of sunshine on 18 October 2012.
Slochd Viaduct: The southbound slurry tanks from Aberdeen Waterloo to Irvine Caledonian Paper Mill, crossing Slochd Viaduct headed by 70810 on 30th October 2020. This was the last time this train was diverted as the Aberdeen-Dundee line re-opened on the 3rd of November.
Perth: Black 5 4-6-0 no 45012 prepares to restart from Perth on 16 April 1955 with the 9.15am Glasgow Buchanan Street - Dundee train.
Wolsingham: In the centre of the main part of Wolsingham Station, platform side, there is a canopied recess, by the exit from what was possibly the former ticket office, complete with clock. There is also a door at each end leading into the main part of the building. The building also has some feature stones at high level, one a date stone and the other a crest.
Haymarket: The west end of Haymarket station in July 2007, with a Cowdenbeath train at bay platform 0 (brought into use earlier that year) and a Waverley bound service at platform 1. The building occupying the area between the station and the office block on the left is the Caledonian Alehouse (formerly the Haymarket Station Bar) dating from the 1860s. The building was demolished in 2008 to make way for Edinburghs new trams (see image []).