Docklands Light Railway unit 148, from Stratford to Canary Wharf, arriving at Bow Church on the former NLR Poplar branch, on 15th October 2011. This station opened with the first two stages of the DLR in 1987 and is on a brand new site south of Bow Road. The North London Railway's original Bow station, much bigger and grander, was on the north side of the bridge and remained for many years after its 1944 wartime closure until demolished during the 1970s. DLR trains rise and fall through the site of the old station as they ascend or descend to run alongside the ex-GER main line to and from Stratford.
Location: Bow Church
Photographer: David Bosher
Contact photographer: David Bosher
Image number: 76576