Pitmuxton Siding

The Post Office Directory map of 1883 is the only detailed map which shows the location of this industrial siding leading into the Ruthrieston Brick Works. Previous editions of this publication had not shown this; the works closed soon after as new premises in Torry were opened in that year. Although the publishers Gibb and Hay were Draughtsmen, Lithographers and Engravers to Her Majesty they do not seem to have used their skills to produce a worthy representation of the Deeside Railway or its siding. The brickworks lay on the Pitmuxton Estate hence the use of that name for the siding. The full map is available here: maps.nls.uk/view/117744615 with permission of the National Library of Scotland. maps.nls.uk/index.html

Location: Pitmuxton Siding

Company: Deeside Railway

Photographer: Charlie Niven

Contact photographer: Charlie Niven

Contact editor

Date: 1883

Image number: 73434


Other photographs of Pitmuxton Siding on RailScot