The original level crossing at Lady Victoria see image 70784 was replaced early in the twentieth century by a bridge spanning the A7 to the north of the site. This bridge was built to carry both the mineral line and (from 1909) the new Easthouses tramway. This Sunday morning view from the east side of the A7 in October 2019 shows the remains of the western abutment of the bridge, with Newtongrange station and car park iin the right background.
Location: Lady Victoria Pit
Company: Lothian Coal Company
Photographer: John Furnevel
Contact photographer: John Furnevel
Image number: 71372