The remains of the enclosed walkway opened by the NCB in 1954 to link Lady Victoria with the new pithead baths behind the camera. The baths are long gone with the site now a modern housing cul-de-sac named Colliery View. The original mineral line left the pit via what is now the main museum entrance opposite, crossed the A7 on the level and passed to the right of the camera position. It then turned north and joined the line from Lingerwood Pit just before passing over a level crossing on Lingerwood Road.
Location: Lady Victoria Pit
Company: Lothian Coal Company
Photographer: John Furnevel
Contact photographer: John Furnevel
Image number: 70784