A consignment of Russian coal on its way from Leith Docks to Cockenzie PS in April 2007. EWS 66059 is climbing from the site of Leith South Junction to join the ECML at Portobello. The road vehicles in the background are on land once occupied by Portobello Yard. In days gone by, coal trains on the Lothian Lines from Leith Docks would have turned off at Leith South Jct to skirt the yard just beyond the tree line in the background, before passing over the ECML on a bridge on their way to Niddrie North. For a map see image 1404.
Location: South Leith Junction
Company: North British Railway
Photographer: John Furnevel
Contact photographer: John Furnevel
Image number: 65789