Name on a splasher. Built at Cowlairs in 1920, no 2424 originally appeared carrying the name Glen Gau. After several queries it was established there was no such glen and the name was assumed to have been the result of a clerical error on the instruction to the works signwriter. It was changed to Glen Gour during a works visit in 1925. Photographed at Hawick in 1958 see image 30227.
Location: Hawick [2nd]
Photographer: Robin Barbour Collection (Courtesy Bruce McCartney)
Make contact: Robin Barbour Collection (Courtesy Bruce McCartney)
Image number: 62637