A Cravens DMU pulls away from Garstang and Catterall heading for Lancaster as alighting passengers head for the footbridge. Prior to 1930 there would have been a connection to the Knott End branch railmotor on the other side of the island platform. The main station building can be seen on the Up line. This splendid colour photo was probably taken in the late 1960s. The 1964 timetable shows four Up and five Down departures on weekdays with an extra mid-day service each way on Saturdays. The station closed in 1969, following which the site was cleared for the 1972 WCML electrification.
Location: Garstang and Catterall
Photographer: Knott End Collection
Make contact: Knott End Collection
Image number: 61016