Selkirk Junction

One mile south of the original Galashiels station a branch left the Waverley route and turned south west, crossing the Gala Water and running towards Selkirk. The surviving northern abutment of the railway bridge is seen here in February 2015, with the recently laid rails of what is now the Borders Railway running behind the metal fence. The Selkirk branch lost its passenger service in 1951, closing completely in 1964. See image 48180

Location: Selkirk Junction

Company: Selkirk and Galashiels Railway

Photographer: John Furnevel

Make contact: John Furnevel

Date: 08/02/2015

Image number: 50304


Other photographs of Selkirk Junction on RailScot