Lasswade Viaduct

Soon after clearing Broomieknowe Tunnel see image 50510 the next obstacle faced by trains on the Polton branch was the valley of the North Esk. This was crossed on an elegant sandstone viaduct, designed by Thomas Bouch and completed in 1867. There is no public access to the B Listed viaduct, which is fenced off at the end of what is now Westmill Road. Part of the structure is seen here on 30 April looking north west across the Esk valley from Polton Road.

Location: Lasswade Viaduct

Company: Esk Valley Railway

Photographer: John Furnevel

Make contact: John Furnevel

Date: 30/04/2013

Image number: 42962


Other photographs of Lasswade Viaduct on RailScot