Brush Type 4 No. 1797 takes the Niddrie South line at Niddrie West Junction in April 1970 with an unidentified southbound block oil train of Murco tanks. The direct connection to the ECMl is on the immediate right of the loco but a crew change was probably scheduled to take place in Millerhill Yard. The crew has obviously not yet come to terms with the then recently modified train classifications and should have been displaying 6 rather than 5E40, the latter now indicating an ECS working, which it clearly was not.
Location: Niddrie West Junction
Company: Edinburgh and Dalkeith Railway
Photographer: Bill Jamieson
Contact photographer: Bill Jamieson
Image number: 37807