Kelty

The direct line to Perth runs north to south in this extract of the 1957 OS One Inch map.  Kelty station closed in 1930, surprisingly early; perhaps it succumbed to bus competition being rather far from the centre.  The station to the north was Blairadam.  This was very much coal-mining country and there are plenty of colliery lines.  The trackbed of the one between Kelty and Lochore is now substantially underwater as an artificial lake and country park have been created.  It is called Lochore Meadows, a name which would have sounded rather sarcastic at the time of the map.  Crown copyright 1957.

Location: Kelty

Company: Maps

Photographer: David Panton

Make contact: David Panton

Date: 1957

Image number: 33309

Tags: Map
Other photographs of Kelty on RailScot