Glencorse

A surviving section of platform at the former Glencorse station (closed 1933) seen here looking east on 14 February 2011. On the far side of the platform were the station buildings and main entrance, with the goods yard to the right. Nowadays, just beyond the wooden posts, stand tall metal supports for a high mesh fence that surrounds what is now a secure MoD vehicle park. Some of the buildings of Glencorse Barracks can be seen in the background on the east side of the A701 road. The area behind the camera is now a large housing development. See image 32804

Location: Glencorse

Company: Edinburgh, Loanhead and Roslin Railway

Photographer: John Furnevel

Make contact: John Furnevel

Date: 14/02/2011

Image number: 32792


Other photographs of Glencorse on RailScot