The closed St Nicholas Cliff Lift at Scarborough, standing at the opposite (south) end of The Grand Hotel from the Central Tramway on Foreshore Road and seen here in March 2010. Originally opened in 1929 by the Medway Safety Lift Company, closure of the St Nicholas Lift was announced by Scarborough Council in 2006 as part of a cost cutting exercise. A preservation group has since been formed and there are long term plans to restore operations here.
Company: Medway Safety Lift Company
Photographer: John Furnevel
Make contact: John Furnevel
Image number: 28875