This branch from just east of Prestonpans ran east and then south to Tranent Tranent Goods station and Windygoul Colliery. There was a link to Meadowhill on the Tranent Waggonway after it had been converted to railway standard. The Tranent Branch opened in 1849 and closed in 1958.
These locations are along the line.
This is a two platform station on the East Coast Main Line served by local trains. The main station building is on the eastbound platform. The goods yard and shed were on the north side at the east end, the site is now the car park. The signal box (1881) was on the south side of the line at the east end of the westbound platform.