This branch served the Benhar Colliery, a considerable number of pits and mines to the north west of Fauldhouse and Crofthead station. The original line was a tramway which met an exchange sidings with the Wilsontown, Morningside and Coltness Railway. This was replaced with a branch serving the same area.
|/ /1860||East Benhar Mine (Fauldhouse)|
Opened by Benhar Coal Co (served by the Benhar Branch (North British Railway)).
This line is divided into a number of portions.
This tramway ran from an exchange siding west of Crofthead north north west to Benhar Colliery. It was later replaced with a standard railway.
This colliery was developed by Barr and Thornton. Its opening obliterated the remains of the old mining village of East Benhar. It remained in operation until 1957. The bing and some surface buildings remain.