Woodhall

Location type

Station


Names and dates

Woodhall Halt (1946-1960)
Woodhall (1960-)

Opened on the Glasgow, Paisley and Greenock Railway.

Open on the Inverclyde Lines.


Description

This is a two platform station in Woodhall, to the east of Port Glasgow. The station has a footbridge and small station building on the westbound platform. The station was built after housing was built on the Woodhall estate.

To the north of the station, on the foreshore, are the derelict Woodhall Timber Ponds.


Tags

Station

External links

Canmore site record
NLS Collection OS map of 1892-1914
NLS Collection OS map of 1944-67
NLS Map