Whitehouse

Location type

Station

Name and dates

Whitehouse (1859-1950)

Opened on the Alford Valley Railway.

Description

This was a single platform station on the south of the line and to the east of the terminus, Alford.

There was a goods yard on the north side of the line, accessed from the east.

A railway cottage remains at the east end of the site. This had been on the north side of the line. The goods yard is now in other uses. At present (2018) a grounded railway coach is close to the entry.

Whitehouse itself is very small and to the south. The cluster of houses at the former station is larger.

Tags

Station

External links

Canmore site record
NLS Collection OS map of 1892-1914
NLS Collection OS map of 1944-67
NLS Map
NLS Map
05/06/2018


Books


A History of the Great North of Scotland Railway

Great North of Scotland Railway (History of the Railways of the Scottish Highlands, vol. 3)

Great North of Scotland Railway Album

Great North of Scotland Railway Album

History of the Railways of the Scottish Highlands: Great North of Scotland Railway v. 3

The Great North of Scotland Railway - A New History