Greenock Cathcart Street [1st]
Greenock Princes Pier [1st]
Greenock Princes Pier [2nd]
| Greenock Central Signal Box|
Greenock John Street Signal Box
Greenock Works and Shed
East India Harbour
Cartsburn Shipbuilding Yard
Greenock Customs House Quay
Greenock Customs House
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|/ /1840||Glasgow, Paisley and Greenock Railway|
Original plan for the Dellingburn Branch abandoned. Revised Greenock to Dellingburn Street and thus to East India Harbour and Victoria Harbour authorised. Access at Greenock would be by reversal. Locomotives were prohibited from the branch.
|/ /1843||Glasgow, Paisley and Greenock Railway|
Dellingburn Branch opened from Greenock to East India Harbour and Victoria Harbour. An elevator connects the station to the branch line.
|/ /1865||Glasgow, Paisley and Greenock Railway|
Branch from Cartsburn Junction to Victoria Harbour authorised (where it would meet the Dellingburn Branch).
|01/06/1869||Glasgow, Paisley and Greenock Railway|
Branch from Cartsburn Junction to Victoria Harbour opened. Proposed branch to Greenock Albert Harbour [Dock] abandoned.
Caley to the Coast: Rothesay by Wemyss Bay (Oakwood Library of Railway History)