This was a temporary signal box in 1909 close to the bridge over Gorgie Road. This was during the replacement of the bridge.
The 1909 girder bridge over Gorgie Road is 'B' listed. Twenty six garlands feature on the sides of the girder - thirteen on either side. The abutments are topped with carved stonework displaying 'CR' and the Caledonian's symbol, the Lion Rampant of Scotland. The engineer was Donald A Matheson.
To the south was Tynecastle Depot, a coal depot on the east side of the line, making a trailing connection. The Caledonian Brewery siding was a little further south.
Heart of Midlothian Football Club's Tynecastle Park is to the west.
Murrayfield Stadium [Tram]
Shandwick Place [Tram]
| Tynecastle Depot|
Russell Road Viaduct
Edinburgh and Dumfriesshire Dairy
Dalry Middle Junction
Dalry Manure Depot Signal Box
Haymarket Central Junction
Dalry Manure Depot
Dalry Road Shed
North British Distillery
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|