Thornbridge Halt

Location type

Station


Name and dates

Thornbridge Halt (1899-1938)

Opened on the Grangemouth Railway (Forth and Clyde Canal).


Description

This was a halt serving the Grangemouth Shed at Fouldubs Junction and the nearby sidings. The halt was on the east side of Laurieston Road with steps down to the platforms from the road. The halt had minimal facilities.

Thornbridge Signal Box, opened 1899, on the west side of the bridge, on the south side of the line in the 'V' of the junction between the line and sidings for the Laurieston Iron Works.

Halt and box closed in 1938.

The works closed. The sidings were repurposed for Thornbridge File Works. There was a large fan out of sidings.

12/08/2019

Tags

Halt signal box

External links

NLS Collection OS map of 1892-1914
NLS Collection OS map of 1944-67
NLS Map