Grangemouth Shed

Location type

Loco shed

Name and dates

Grangemouth Shed (1907-1992)

Opened on the Grangemouth Railway (Forth and Clyde Canal).
Opened on the Bainsford Branch (Caledonian Railway).

Description

This single ended shed was located in the 'V' of the junction at Fouldubs Junction. The shed was approached from the junction to the east.

British Railways assigned the code 65F. After 1965 the shed became a diesel depot.

Closure came in 1992. After several years as a vacant site it was redeveloped as a rail served W.H. Malcolm depot.

Tags

Shed




Dates

13/06/1966Scottish Central Railway
Stirling South Shed closed to steam. Shortly afterwards the allocation is transferred to Grangemouth Shed and the shed closed.