These were the main railway workshops for the Duke of Sutherland's Railway, opening in 1875.
The site included repair shops and even an erecting shop.
The railway works closed in 1890. Afterwards the works became a woollen mill.
The workshops were west of Brora station, reached by reversal from the goods yard at the station's north end and following the Brora Mine Waggonway a short distance to the south west.
The mills relocated in 1998 to the southern outskirts of the village. The original site was cleared and is now housing.
| Brora Viaduct|
Dunrobin Carriage Shed
Golspie Burn Viaduct
Kileanan Railway Cottage
Kildonan Gold Rush
Carn Liath Broch
Dunrobin Castle [Castle]
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|