Staward Halt (1869-1930)
Opened on the Hexham and Allendale Railway.
This was a single platform station with a stone built two storey railway cottage, older than the line due to a false start on the line in 1852, and timber building on the platform. The platform was on the north side of the line.
At the east end was a goods yard with two sidings, on the north side of the line and accessed from the east. Opposite the platform was a goods loop, serving a short loading bank.
The station closed in 1930. The word 'halt' was dropped from the name of the goods facilities in 1939. The line closed in 1950.
The station cottage and timber building and platform all remain today. The Waiting Room now provides accommodation at the former station.
Bishopside Halt Milk Platform
Haydon Bridge [1st]
Other railway and industry locations
Langley Lead Works
Allen Smelting Mill
Glen due Quarry
Fourstones Colliery and Lime Works
Acomb Colliery Junction [1st]
Acomb Colliery Junction [2nd]
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|