|/ /1867||Hexham and Allendale Railway|
Opened from Border Counties Junction (Hexham) to Langley.
|/ /1868||[Hexham and Allendale Railway]|
Opened from Langley to Catton Road (later Allendale)
|/ /1950||[Hexham and Allendale Railway]|
Line completely closed
This line is divided into a number of portions.
This was the junction between the Newcastle and Carlisle Railway (opened here in 1836), the Border Counties Railway (opened here in 1858) and the Hexham and Allendale Railway (opened here in 1867. All three of these lines were opened in portions.
This was a single platform station. The platform and two storey stone stationmaster's house and timber platform building were on the north side. There was a goods yard at the east end, on the north side of the line and approached from the east.
This was a two platform station. It is well preserved and is now The Station Garden with a cafe, art studio, garden and walking centre based in the former station buildings.
This was a single platform station with a stone built two storey railway cottage, older than the line due to a false start on the line in 1852, and timber building on the platform. The platform was on the north side of the line.
This was the terminus of the line from Border Counties Junction near Hexham. The station was not intended to be the terminus, being over a mile north west of Allendale Town itself. It was intended to run further south to Allenheads. Defeat was admitted in 1898 when the station was renamed Allendale.