This fireclay works was opened by James Dunnachie after leaving the Glenboig Fireclay Company. The works was located north of Glenboig station and was served by a connection to the northbound line of the Scottish Central Railway - the connection being north east of Glenboig station. Lines ran to the west to the Glenboig Firebrick Works, both works coming into the same ownership (the Glenboig Union Fireclay Company) in 1882.
The works closed in 1960 and was cleared in the 1990s. The site is now housing.
Gartsherrie [M and K]
Coatbridge Central [NB]
Bridgend [M and K]
| Garnqueen North Junction|
Glenboig Firebrick Works
Gartverrie Fireclay Works
Garnqueen South Junction
Gartliston Fire Clay Brick Works
Hayhill Brickworks Signal Box
Kilgarth Slag Hill
Kilgarth Signal Box
Greenfoot Level Crossing
Heatherbell Level Crossing
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|/ /1882||Glenboig Union Fireclay Company|
Formed by merger of the Glenboig Fireclay Company and James Dunnachies Star Fireclay Works.