Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.Opened on the Inverness and Perth Junction Railway.
This distillery was in the west of Kingussie and was rail served by a short branch which departed the south end of the station to cross the A86 to reach the distillery. The distillery opened in 1896 and closed in 1906.
Only a range of cottages still stand, the rest of the site was cleared in 1925.
A modern distillery of the same name opened in 1962 at a different site to the east of the town.
Boat of Garten
| Kingussie Shed|
Balavil Signal Box
Spey Viaduct [Newtonmore]
Ralia Ballast Siding
Highland Folk Museum
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
Highland Railway Album: No. 1
Highland Railway Album: No. 2
Highland Railway Carriages and Wagons
Highland Railway: People and Places - From the Inverness and Nairn Railway to Scotrail
The Highland Railway
The Highland Railway : The History of the Railways of the Scottish Highlands - Vol 2