Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.Where: Highland
This is a single track girder viaduct south of Newtonmore station which crosses the River Spey. It has two sections and a central pier. Also known as Newtonmore Viaduct.
The viaduct was originally a timber single track bridge.
It was rebuilt in 1885, manufactured by Head, Wrightson and Co Ltd. It was to carry two tracks, but only the northbound line was laid and only those girders remain. (Two tracks appear in a photograph of 1903).
Boat of Garten
Fort Augustus Pier
| Ralia Ballast Siding|
Highland Folk Museum
Speyside Distillery [1st]
Carn Dearg South East Peak
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
Highland Railway Album: No. 1
Highland Railway Album: No. 2
Highland Railway Carriages and Wagons
Highland Railway: People and Places - From the Inverness and Nairn Railway to Scotrail
The Highland Railway
The Highland Railway : The History of the Railways of the Scottish Highlands - Vol 2