Fochabers [GNSR] (1893-1916)
Fochabers and Spey Bay (1916-1918)
Spey Bay (1918-1968)
Opened on the Moray Coast Railway (Great North of Scotland Railway).
Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.
This was a two platform station. The main station building, on the eastbound platform, survives and has been restored.
Two signal boxes opened with station. The 'west' box was at the west end of the eastbound platform and the 'east' was at the east end of the westbound platform.
There was a goods yard to the north, accessed from the east.
The boxes closed in 1912 when replaced with a single box.
The box closed in 1966. The station and line closed in 1968.
The disused Spey Viaduct is to the west of the former station.
Spey Bay village is to the north of the former station.
Other railway and industry locations
Fochabers Town Shed
Tugnet Ice House
Linksfield Level Crossing
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
Banff, Moray and Nairn's Lost Railways
|Moray Coast Railways|
The Travellers Joy: The Story of the Morayshire Railway