Skelbo

Location type

Station


Name and dates

Skelbo (1902-1960)

Opened on the Dornoch Light Railway.


Description

This was a single platform station, with a siding and loading bank to the north, served from the east. The platform was on the south side of the line. The station was to the east of a level crossing.

The Skelbo Forestry Railway crossed the line just west of the station.

The platform, in concrete, still exists.

The station was east of Skelbo Castle. To the north east was the Littleferry crossing over the east end of Loch Fleet.

12/09/2019

Tags

Station

External links

Canmore site record
NLS Collection OS map of 1892-1914
NLS Collection OS map of 1944-67
NLS Map