There was a signal box at this location. The box was on the south side of the line and east of the Shilford overbridge. Up and down sidings were planned but not laid in, however a crossover was installed.
The box opened in 1893 (replacing a temporary box of 1892) and closed in 1917.
The line remains open, but reduced into a single track.
| Shillford Quarry|
Neilston Gas Works
Caldwell Ironstone Mine No 2
Barshagra Signal Box
Lugton East Junction
Lugton East Sidings
Lugton L and A Junction
Arthurlie Cotton and Bleach Works
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|