Scotby [NER] (1836-1959)
Opened on the Newcastle and Carlisle Railway.
Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.
This was a two platform station in the north of Scotby, to the east of Carlisle.
The passenger station was to the west with the goods yard to the east, on the north side of the line. The station building, of two storeys, was on the north side. A footbridge, crossing a goods siding, crossed to the two platforms.
The station closed in 1959 although the line remains open. The station building is now a house.
London Road [Carlisle]
Port Carlisle Junction
Other railway and industry locations
Carlisle Durranhill Shed
Carlisle Durranhill Goods [NER]
Petteril Bridge Junction
Carlisle Durranhill Goods [MR]
London Road Shed [Carlisle]
London Road Goods [Carlisle]
London Road Junction [Carlisle]
Carlisle Upperby Shed
Woodbank Iron Works
Upperby Bridge Junction
St Nicholas Shed
Cowans Sheldon Works
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
A History of North Eastern Railway Architecture: A Mature Art v. 2
A History of North Eastern Railway Architecture: Pioneers v. 1
A History of the Newcastle and Carlisle Railway, 1824 - 1870: The First Line Across Britain
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: The North-east v. 4 (A regional history of the railways of Great Britain)
An Illustrated History of Carlisle's Railways
Newcastle (Rail Centres)
North Eastern Railway: Historical Maps