Saucel Signal Box (1885-1934)
Opened on the Paisley Canal Line (Glasgow and South Western Railway).
This signal box was for the Saucel Goods yard, east of Paisley Canal station. The box was on the south side of the line opposite the turn out for the goods yard which was approached from the east. The yard had a headshunt east of Patrick Street.
The box closed in 1934, but the yard remained open.
The railway closed to passengers in 1983 and re-opened in 1990 with the new Paisley Canal station west of the box's former site, close to the former goods yard (and east of the original Paisley Canal station). The line is now electrified.
Saucel was the site of a basin on the Glasgow and Ardrossan Canal.
Paisley Canal [1st]
Paisley Gilmour Street
Paisley Hamilton Street
Paisley St James
Other railway and industry locations
Saucel Signal Box
Hawkhead Shell Mex Siding
Lacy Street Depot
Paisley Signalling Centre
Stoneybrae Twin Signal Box
Paisley Mineral Depot (GSW) Ayrshire Coal Depot
Paisley East Junction
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|