Ravelrig Platform (1884-1930)
Opened on the Caledonian Railway.
This was a two platform halt west of Ravelrig Junction at Dalmahoy, the west end of the Balerno Branch (Caledonian Railway). (The branch was a loop).
The loop opened in 1874, the halt ten years later. It opened with military Volunteers use in mind.
The halt came to serve the Dalmahoy Golf Club.
Ratho (Low Level)
Ingliston Park and Ride [Tram]
Edinburgh Park Station [Tram]
Edinburgh Park Central [Tram]
Other railway and industry locations
Camps Junction [CR]
East Calder Goods
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
An Illustrated History of Carlisle's Railways
Caledonian Dunalastairs and Associated Classes (Locomotive Monograph)
Caledonian in LMS Days (Railways in Retrospect)
Caledonian Railway Carriages
Caledonian Railway Livery: The True Line Elegance and Style
Caledonian Railway Wagons & Non-Passenger Coaching Stock
Caledonian Routes 3: Stirling to Crianlarich - DVD - Oakwood Press
Caley to the Coast: Rothesay by Wemyss Bay (Oakwood Library of Railway History)
Callander & Oban Railway Through Time
Callander and Oban Railway (Library of Railway History)
Signalling the Caledonian Railway
The Caledonian Railway 'jumbos' the 18in. X 26in. 0-6-0s
The Caledonian, Scotland's Imperial Railway: A History
The Vanished Railways of Old Western Dunbartonshire (Britains Railways/Old Photos)
Through Scotland with the Caledonian Railway
Vanished Railways of West Lothian