RAF Leuchars

Location type

Name and dates

RAF Leuchars


This airfield was served by a siding from Leuchars station. The siding left the east side of the north end of the station to cross Station Road and approach a reversing spur from the south. From this spur the line continued further into the base, running south and east to sidings alongside hangers.

The siding opened in 1920.

It is no longer in use. Aviation fuel is delivered to Linkswood Oil Depot near the former St Fort station.


RAF airfield airport

Nearby stations
Leuchars (Old)
Guard Bridge
St Andrews [1st]
St Fort
St Andrews [2nd]
Mount Melville
Newport-on-Tay West
Newport-on-Tay East
Broughty Pier
Rathillet Siding
Milton Junction [Leuchars]
Guardbridge Paper Mill
Eden Brick Works
Guard Bridge Viaduct
Seggie Brick and Tile Works
Seafield Brick and Tile Works
Strathtyrum House
St Fort South Junction
St Fort West Junction
Linkswood Oil Depot
Morton Siding
St Andrews Shed
St Athernase Church
Old Course Hotel
St Andrews Museum
Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.