Port Elphinstone Mills (1858-2009)
These mills were south of Port Elphinstone, itself south of Inverurie. The works opened in 1858, just after the nearby portion of the Great North of Scotland Railway opened in 1854.
Early names for the works include Inverury Mills and Inverurie Mills.
The mills were served by the railway (see Port Elphinstone Signal Box).
The works closed in 2009. Much remains standing, now in various uses as a 'Commercial Park'.
Other railway and industry locations
Port Elphinstone Mills
Port Elphinstone Ground Frame
Inverurie Paper Mill
Port Elphinstone Goods
Kintore Sand Pit Siding
Tavelty? Saw Mill
Ratch Hill Quarry
Boat of Kintore Level Crossing
East Aquhorthies Stone Circle
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|